Увага! Оголошуємо конкурс на заміщення посади координатора з розвитку політики
Position title: Policy Officer
Reporting to: Director
The Policy Officer will lead on the development of policy analysis to support deinstitutionalisation, family support and family based alternative care based on Hope and Homes for Children Ukraine projects and international best practice. The Officer plays a senior role carrying the responsibility of research and development of new policy recommendations as well as engagement with key decision makers to enable changes to existing policies and legislation. This includes:
- Undertaking policy research and data analysis using academic, legal and public databases
- Production of high quality policy papers and statements based on research outcomes, in consultation with relevant stakeholders
- Managing targeted reviews and assessments in specific policy areas, constructing methodologies and tools
- Engaging with key policy and decision makers to support the improvement or development of policies and legislations, assessing their impact and financial implications
- Creating and managing working groups of experts to develop policy documents and joint influencing strategies
The Officer will interact with key stakeholders in governmental and non-governmental sector to advocate for the development and implementation of new policies.
This role will also focus on creating a strong research and evidence base to support the organisation’s mission and strategy. This will include examining our evidence and research needs creating a structure by which evidence can be logged and stored for future use. He/she will be involved in developing the project proposals related to deinstitutionalisation and child protection.
The successful candidate will have a strong background in the social sphere, child protection or public policy. He/she will have a proven ability to assimilate large, complex documents and adapt them for a wide range of audiences and skills. He/she will be able to work on his/her own initiative, and manage workload and multiple deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Higher education in social sciences, social work, public administration, policy studies or other related fields
- At least five years of working experience in the social sector, in public or non-profit organisations, including policy analysis and research
- Understanding of the child protection environment in Ukraine - including knowledge of key legislations, policy frameworks, international standards and practices.
- Experience in negotiating with stakeholders in Government and/or international organisations (e.g. EU, UN)
- Understanding of the principles of project management and ability to apply them to specific projects; ability to manage a multidisciplinary team
- English proficiency in both speaking and writing.
Please, email your most recent CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline: 15 May 2014
Підтримувати, посилювати та розширювати: рекомендації громадянського суспільства щодо використання бюджету ЄС
28.03 2018 Європа
14.02 2018 Європа
Використання фондів ЄС та участь громадянського суспільства: нова доповідь щодо впровадження деінституціалізації
19.12 2017 Європа
13.11 2017 Європа
29.09 2017 Україна
26.07 2017 Партнери